Terry Preston's in-depth views on the pressing issues of the day, from God, sex and national politics to the high price of a good beer at the ballgame. Any and all comments to these comments are encouraged.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Powers That Be

Deep thoughts from the world of deeply thinking baseball fans:

-----------------------------------------------

Hand:

Be careful what you wish for.

I was diagnosed with a cancer in summer 2002. I didn't seem that serious because it was caught real early, but I still made a vow that I wasn't leaving these mortal bleachers until the Giants won a World Series.

Several months later the Giants took a 3-2 lead in the Series and I realized that I wasn't quite ready to start heading for the exits, so to speak.

"Let me rephrase that earlier vow ...", I called out to the higher principles of the universe.
Several days later the Giants lost Game 7 after we-all-know- what in Game 6.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm to blame.

Terry Preston

--- In sfgiantsfanclub@ yahoogroups. com, gianthand24@ ... wrote:>>

if that's the case then i will die happy with one world series win by the giants .>